DOF: Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Yield: Makes approx 14 cookies (depending on size you choose)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In one bowl, combine and sift dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- In a measuring cup, measure out vanilla, and crack open 2 eggs.
- In a larger mixing bowl, use whisk or mixer to combine soft coconut oil and coconut palm sugar.
- To the oil/butter mixture, add the vanilla-egg, making sure to one egg at a time to the mixture, mix well in between.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Optional – Lastly use a spoon and stir in chocolate chips and candy cane bits.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the cookies by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet with at least 2 inches apart. *These cookies spread out very thin and almost double in size. I usually put 9 cookies on a tray in rows of 3.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes. Baking them the extra couple of minutes produces more long lasting crispy cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool. Store in air tight container, and the cookies may just last for a few weeks and stays crunchy. We stored in a canning jar, and it lasted 5 weeks!
No comments posted.
All Rights Reserved. © Onelushlife | Kaishin Chu 2016